Wednesday, October 13, 2010

TAKIN' OVER

Alright so today I'm going to wake this blog up with something a little out there in left field. Recently MTV's #2 breakthrough artist LIL B ( Brandon McCartney) has been taking over our interweb with his 200+ myspaces, Strong twitter following, and some of what i've seen most dedicated fans next to Justin Beiber, except it's "BASEDGOD" fever. With symptoms such as acting out the steps in which it takes to cook a delicious meal while going dumb to your favorite LIL B tune, or impulsively shouting "WOO", "SWAG", "OMG" like some sort of "pretty bitch" turrets. Even NFL stars like Deon Sanders have been seen to have come down with it. How can you blame em , doing these things at some point or another make you feel free. Free, thats all i can say when i listen to LIL B's music. Its like , hey i don't really care what people think about me listening to this, so im gonna do my thing. The Pack, the group in which LIL B started out in, was a band that when i listened to made me so... happy. I remember my best friend making me a compilation CD of The Pack and bumped it on repeat all the way on a two hour trip to tampa. Granted the guy I was riding with HATED The Pack, I didn't care cause in all honesty I like the way their music made me feel rather then him. Anyways few years later here's LIL B doing his thing and at first i was taken back, like wooaaaaah where'd this come from? But as I listened to him I felt that energy again, that wanting to just have fun. Then as I would go back and listen to old Pack songs I came to realize almost all of my favorite verses from the songs was LIL B lol.  Now my friends were slowly exposing me to more and more LIL B and slowly we became BASED..living life, embracing it wearing whatever, loving whoever. Now if you don't know what BASED then you need to find out from the originator himself , this blogs being written so you can go do research remember? Anyways LIL B brought this outside positivity that we as youth weren't really getting. Kinda giving us this attention, being the he was round the same generation , APG ...  "Anythings Possible Generation" still don't get it?..go do your research !  So after a 2 1/2 week trip to San Francisco with Zach we took a couple trips to Berkeley, CA in the bay where LIL B grew up and it happened to be one of our favorite places to just go and do whatever we felt like. Weird , but you know when you visit somewhere one of your favorite artists is from and you kinda get a sense of them? idk well thats how I felt. And I loved it there so much I had to have more ! I could go on about "THE BASED GOD" but thats not really my intentions. See if you can spend the time to read my thoughts on LIL B , you have enough time to read the book he wrote....Enough time to open your eyes just a teensy bit before you set your views on an artist who after listening to two songs, You still have no clue what he's really about. My best friend Palmer got me the book as an early christmas present and for real it was such a real and to the point motivational book, written with nothing but love and personality. It's a quick read, but you'll close the book with a different perspective whether it be on life, LIL B, or even yourself....
Check it out its called TAKIN' OVER , first rapper at 19 to write a book, SWAG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you read it and still aren't convinced then fine, I can't blame you for it. But i suggested the book to my own dad just because you can't help but want to spread the message .




Written by. Storm Mollison

1 comment: